try again

I recently had miscarriage at almost 11 weeks.  I have been married over 20 years and have 2 wonderful children we adopted from Guatemala.  Last week i had D & C.  I just can not believe how sad i am.  I am 42 and never thought i would get pregnant and like many was very excited. Should i have any testing done prior to trying to have another baby? I don't know if my heart can go through this again.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I'm not trying to sound rude, so please don't take it that way.  But, with your age, your doctor may run tests with one m/c.  Usually the doctors won't test until you have 3 m/c.  At least that is how it is where I am.  My husband and I were expecting our first March, 2006 and it ended in a m/c.  I understand your sadness.  It takes time to heal.  I'm not trying to push all the usual sayings your way, that were given to me, such as "It just wasn't meant to be, etc. etc.  But, it wasn't until I m/c that I found that it is very common to m/c.  You just have to take one day at a time.  I am just now ready to try for another baby.  Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
I'm not trying to sound rude, so please don't take it that way.  But, with your age, your doctor may run tests with one m/c.  Usually the doctors won't test until you have 3 m/c.  At least that is how it is where I am.  My husband and I were expecting our first March, 2006 and it ended in a m/c.  I understand your sadness.  It takes time to heal.  I'm not trying to push all the usual sayings your way, that were given to me, such as "It just wasn't meant to be, etc. etc.".  But truthfully, it wasn't until I m/c that I found that it is very common.  And 9 times out of 10 it just happens and there is nothing you can do to prevent it.  You just have to take one day at a time.  I am just now ready to try for another baby and my husband and I are in the process of getting back on track after getting off b/c.  Good luck to you!
Helpful - 0
I'm sorry for the double post.  I didn't know if it went through the first time and I realized I needed to add something.
Helpful - 0
I know how you are feeling! I m/c and need a d&c back in sept 07 WhenI was 9-10week. It does get Ez'er. The 1st few weeks are hard. Im so sorry for your loss. My dr. told me to wait 3cycle before trying again, I only waited one. I am now 13weeks pregnant.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.