ultra sound to check weight

hey all well ia m 38 weeks-i was just wondering if they will do a ultra sound to determine the babies weight?? did you get it done towards the end??  i know some friends sister had it done-maybe different hospitals do it or they do it because of complications?? i have my drs appt tomm-(hopefully we are getting snow in philly now) but i get to see if i am dilated or not whahoo
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
unlikely you will get an us to determine weight this late, unless like you mentioned in a case where there are complications. you will definitely find out whether or not you are dilated, which will be fun!! lol
Helpful - 0
I am also 38 weeks & had an U/S @ 35 weeks because I was measuring too small. It turned out that The baby is just very low so they could not get a good measurement. But they told me that my baby girl was about 5 lbs. 10 oz. then. I also have my appointment tomorrow but we are supposed to get that snow here in Buffalo tonight. I have been on strict bedrest since Dec. 8th so I can not wait for this baby to come. I had my daughter @ 38 weeks to the day so now I am even more anxous. Last week I was 2cm & 75-80%. But I have been 2cm since 28 weeks. How do you feel? are you having any contractions?????
Helpful - 0
hey i feel great just tired-ive had some BH contractions but nothing too painful-i hope i dont have the baby late- march 1 is the date-i am still working up to the date
Helpful - 0
Good for you. My sister is a labor & delivery nurse & worked the night shift, went home took a little nap went back & delivered at 1pm. I admire that sooooo much as both my pregnancies had to be spent on bedrest. Good luck & keep me posted!
Helpful - 0
I know my dr won't do an ultrasound this late unless your measurements are really off, so you probably won't be getting one if everything looks fine.  But maybe you could do other fun stuff like getting your membranes stripped, lol.  I'm sure you'll see your baby in person soon enough, though!
Helpful - 0
I wish they'd give me an u/s later on in pg. My 1st DC was 9lbs, my 2nd DC was a month early weighing 8 1/2 lbs. I requested an u/s with my 2nd, but my OB just told me to stay away from refined sugars....With my current pg, I requested another u/s, and they told me the same thing. I DO avoid sugary stuff...no pop or junk food. Big babies run in my hubby's side. I'm going to keep insisting it though with this baby.

Have they felt the baby thru your uterus to try and guess how big he/she is? With my 1st, the OB felt the baby and said it had a big butt, lol. I just didn't realize she'd be that big
Helpful - 0
when i had my 20 week ultrasound all the lady said was measurements were perfect-she said by my measurments i can go feb 20?? my due date is still march 1-they never changed it-i am so anxious to see my baby-i was stressing over the outfit to bring the baby home in-ha but i think we are just chossing our winnie the pooh outfit since that was my theme
Helpful - 0
the outfit to wear home from the hospital i bought for my 1st ds didn't fit...neither did the newborn diapers!!!LOL  he was 10lbs 4ozs.  had an ultrasound a few days before and they said 9lbs 13ozs(he was overdue so they wanted to check to see if placenta was still healthy)
Helpful - 0
YES, i am having an u/s next week to determine the babys weight. i am 37 wks this wk.
Helpful - 0
They scheduled me for an us as I was a week oeverdue with my son and they wanted to see how he was doing....  My water broke before I could make the appointment.  I will be having a late us to determine head circumference as I had a very difficult delivery with both my kids.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.