A
A
A
Close
Women's Health: Postpartum Community
26.1k Members
182767 tn?1317495837

ultrasound showing one kidney

Hi hopefully you guys can help. A good friend of mine is due three weeks before me. She had her ultrasound done (20 weeks) and everything looked great, except they had a hard time finding the right kidney. The left one looked great but the tech was having a hard time locating the right kidney. The tech said it could be that the baby was not in a good position, or it could be underdeveloped or the baby could have only one kidney. She did not seemed worried. I told my friend about this site and would ask if this has happended to anyone else or do you know of anyone who has had a newborn with one kidney and what the outcome was?? Thanks a bunch
2 Responses
150483 tn?1212172156
Well first of all I hope baby comes out fine with no kidney problems.I was born with one kidney.I did not find out till I was 21.When I had gall stones & they had to be removed.I drink x-tra water & have not had any problems(Knock on wood) Hope baby is fine.Only birth can tell =)
127529 tn?1331844380
Our cousin's baby was just born 2 weeks ago, he has only one kidney and is absolutley fine.
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.