Women's Health: Postpartum Community

ultrasound showing one kidney

Hi hopefully you guys can help. A good friend of mine is due three weeks before me. She had her ultrasound done (20 weeks) and everything looked great, except they had a hard time finding the right kidney. The left one looked great but the tech was having a hard time locating the right kidney. The tech said it could be that the baby was not in a good position, or it could be underdeveloped or the baby could have only one kidney. She did not seemed worried. I told my friend about this site and would ask if this has happended to anyone else or do you know of anyone who has had a newborn with one kidney and what the outcome was?? Thanks a bunch
Well first of all I hope baby comes out fine with no kidney problems.I was born with one kidney.I did not find out till I was 21.When I had gall stones & they had to be removed.I drink x-tra water & have not had any problems(Knock on wood) Hope baby is fine.Only birth can tell =)
Our cousin's baby was just born 2 weeks ago, he has only one kidney and is absolutley fine.