Women's Health: Postpartum Community

ultrasound

I had my 18wk ultrasound last week we counted fingers and toes.
Everything looked fine they even gave me a movie to take home. The tech said everything was fine and not to worry. I thought they could not tell you anything and you had to wait for the pics to be examined first. Do they just say everytthing is fine until you see your doctor? Does anyone know when you have your next ultrasound? My Dr is out for 2 wks
My experience has been that if everything looks good, the tech tells me. If things haven't been good they're completely silent.
When I went for my daughter, the tech said she looks grest but I'm not a Dr. just a tech. She made it pretty clear that everything looks good. With my last PG we had the same tech & she was silent & would not tell us anything only said we have to wait for the DR. I had a M/C with that one. It sounds like everything is good! Cherish that movie we watched ours 100 times & now my daughter asks to see herself when she was in mommy's belly!
The last ultrasound I had which was about 2 weeks ago, the tech said nothing.  However she had to enter in a form on the computer the findings and I was being really nosey and watched her do it.  It listed everything like heart, placenta, Umbilical Cord,Cerebellum and a bunch of other things I can't remember.  But anyway next to each thing it said yes or no and I think the question was abnormal?  So she answered no to everything.  I thought I saw one thing that said Unknown, I don't know what that was but I figured everything else was no so it couldn't be that bad.  She took tons of pictures and had to label them.  I saw one that said 4 chamber heart (I know that's good) and other things that let me know all the parts were there.  My son has a heart murmur so I asked her about that and she said she couldn't tell me.  My son also had a short umbilical cord (9 inches) and she said she saw lots of cord with this one.  But for the most part she said congratulations and that was it.
you prob. wont have another one unless you have problems and need one.  insurance doesn't even like to cover 1 if there are no preg. problems.  however, the tech isn't allowed to say much by law ( i think)  they can say "looks ok" but mine always said that i would have to ask the dr. about my questions after he reviewed the sono.  they did ask me if my water had broke with my 2nd preg because one of the twins wasn't showing much water, then they couldn't say much after that.  
on 18 weeks you can see the sex of the baby.  could they tell for you or are you keeping it a surprise?
YES I FOUND OUT IT WAS A BOY EVEN IF I DID NOT WANT TO KNOW MY DH SAW RIGHT AWAY AS THE BABY DID A SUMMERSAULT BUT I WANTED TO KNOW ANYWAY. I JUST THINK ANOTHER 5 MONTHS IS LONG TO WAIT
Your u/s sounds great! If you live in ON, this will likely be your last u/s.
Please stay positive for the rest of your pregnancy!
God Bless You and Your Baby!