Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

vicodin and pregnancy

My daughter is about 26 weeks along and has kidney stone.  Her mid-wife prescribed vicodin but said not to take it everyday.  Well, there is a small problem-her pain is extreme everyday.  Can she take it once a day?
3 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
284738 tn?1283106819
i too had a kidney stone while i was pregnant.. i got prescribed vicodin but only took a half of one each day.... and it helped take the edge off of the pain ..  
Helpful - 0
93532 tn?1349370450
She needs to speak with her doctor regarding this issue. No one on the Internet should be answering this question as there are many factors only her doctor is aware of at hand.

I passed a 7-mm stone earlier this year...she has my sympathies! Interestingly enough, I found that using pyridium helped more than narcotics when it came to the pain. Something worth mentioning to the doctor.
Helpful - 0
296076 tn?1371334474
we are not dr's here.. there is a risk with any med.. I had a kidney stone at about 14w.. thought I was going to die but I passed it with no meds.. it will be a decision she will have to make and live with.. good luck
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

Popular Resources
STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.