vitamins during early pregnancy

Hi all... just had a miscarriage on dec.5th, 2011. Didn't realize I was gonna get pregnant again soon after. I consumed spirullina and omega 3 pills, only to find out today that I am 5 weeks pregnant and my Ob/Gyn said I shouldn't have taken them during early pregnancy. Is it gonna affect my pregnancy in any way?

Is menstrual-like cramps normal, by the way? I told my Ob/Gyn this and she scheduled me for an u.s next 2 weeks to rule out ectopic pregnancy..

Wish me luck everyone.. 4th year of trying for a baby.. Never had one.. 1st pregnancy ended in miscarriage..
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There's nothing you can do now. Many people take things and even drink etc before knowing they're pregnant so don't beat yourself up about it. What's important now is that you're taking what you're supposed to. Folic Acid in the first 12 weeks is the most important thing to take. So as long as you're at least getting that then you're okay. Menstrual like cramps are normal in early pregnancy and as long as they're not accompanied by heavy bleeding then everything should be okay.
Helpful - 0
Yes, cramps are normal. Bleeding is not, so don't worry unless that happens. As long as your not still taking those and your just taking prenatal, your baby will be fine also. Your OB didn't need to say that. Congrats! Just enjoy your growing baby and try not to worry about all the things you did before you knew you were pregnant.
Helpful - 0
thank you very much! :)
Helpful - 0
Thank you very much! Trying my best not to worry or anything, but I can't stop to check my panties every hour or so.. sorry tmi! :) Praying and hoping for the best, haven't told my family about this though. hehe
Helpful - 0
wishing you loads of luck, miscarriage is soo awful. You have suffered enough with all those miscarriages and God will look after u and ur lovely baby. Ur going to be fine :-)
Helpful - 0
Sorry I was meanto to say miscarriage. I recently had a missed miscarriage and did not find out until my 12 week scan and the pain i felt was so awful. I found out on Jan 19th 2012. I thought I was 12 weeks, but baby had died at around 5 weeks. I am very scared of a 2nd miscarriage too.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.