weight loss after birth?

I was wondering for all you mommies what helped you lose your tummy weight? Also if any of you know of a girdle type thing that helps you lose the belly weight? Thanks in advance!  :)
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I want to get a corset to hold everything in place ive heard that it makes everything even out again. And i heard breast feeding makes u lose wight. But this is my first time so i dont have any experience.
Helpful - 0
They have these tummy wraps that make your tummy shrink. plus breast feeding is suppose to.help
Helpful - 0
I gained over 50lbs with my 1st son lost al but 5 within a couple months bfing but gained 20 back when I weaned after a yr :/ I used a $30 wrap thing I got off amazon and idk if it really made my stomach get back quicker (I started wearing it 3hrs after delivery) but I will most definitely use it again if nothing else I felt like walking around my guts were in a tumble dryer very odd feeling
Helpful - 0
This is my 3rd pregnancy and I was younger so my weight just shed right off but I'm older and my body is gaining the weight differently this time so I want to make sure I shed this weight off but this well also be my first time trying to bf so hopefully that helps. So what ate these belly bands called?
Helpful - 0
Breastfeeding and LOTS of water
Helpful - 0
There's the Belly Bandit and Bellafit. I'm going to try one myself after my baby is born. I hear really good things about them.
Helpful - 0
Oh, I perfectly understand you. The tummy weight is indeed the hardest to lose but it will go if you have the right amount of determination. Set goals, plan, and work hard on achieving your weight goal.
I know that is easier said than done, especially with a little baby in tow but you can find a way if you really want.
Find time to exercise whenever you can and make fresh fruits and vegetables the bulk of what you eat.
If you are not breastfeeding, I can recommend Liproxenol. It contributed immensely on my weight loss.
As for girdles, I'm not really a big fan as I can't stand the restriction in movement.
Helpful - 0
Exercise and eat in proportion!!!
Helpful - 0
Breastfeeding!!! I used a belly wrap thing from Wal-Mart for maybe 2 weeks but bf definetly helps. I weighed up to 145 during pregnancy now I'm 116. My baby is now 2 1/2 months old.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health: Postpartum Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.