A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members
123759 tn?1226934204

3 days late and negative pregnancy test

My LMP was on 1/23/06.(28 Day Cycle) Ovulated on Feb 5. Had Sex Feb 5th. I did not know that I ovulated until the 6th, no BC. I am late getting my period by 3 days. I have had  several false pregnancy tests. I feel queasy, slight discomfort in my boobs, and menstual type cramps for about 1 1/2 weeks. I have also noticed that I am breaking out on my back like I did when I was pregnant with my son. When I was pregnant before the test showed up postive before I was late. It is not like me to be late. However I am having the cramps that keep sending me to the bathroom thinking that AF has come again. I dont know if I should go take a blood test or if 3 days isnt enough time? Any suggestions or similar stories? Mellisa
443 Responses
You need to take a HPT or go to the doctor for a test. If you don't have insurance go to your local health department or family planning. There is no other way to know for sure. Good luck.
Since you have a Hx of PT's not picking up your pregnancies, I would say that you definitely could be and you should get to the docs for a blood test. That's the only way to know for sure, especially since the urine tests just don't seem to work for you this early on.
I hope you get the results you are hoping for. Let us know!!
--J
123759 tn?1226934204
Hello, As of today no period and another negative test. I called my doctor to see if I can come in for a blood test. I have alot of menstrual type cramps today that make me think not to go in cause as soon as I get there I  will probably start. A girl at work said she didnt get a positive HPT until 5 days late. I just wish I knew either way. Thanks
123759 tn?1226934204
ok I have now started to spot lightly? My doctor still wants to see me tommorrow. Has any one had this happen and still turn out pregnant. Thanks
I went in to have a test and when I went to the bathroom, I just new I was going to start. I was just being negative and thought it was too good to be true. Well, I went to the bathroom and nothing. I waited for my results, and the nurse called me very quickly. All she said was congradulations and I almost fainted. The cramps, and PMS signs went away after a few days, after the reality that I was pregnant set in. This could be the case for you so don't let those pesky PMS signs keep you from going to the doctor, and if you aren't, well then you know and you can start looking forward to next month.
Please keep us posted!
--J
I am missing my period, and cramping very much. I have taken 4 HCG's and all were negative.   I went to the doctor today, and when I told him my symptoms his respons was "Your're pregnant" .  He gave me an ultrasound and said i have a blotch in the middle of my Uterus, and it was either a baby or my period was getting ready to comedown.  My period came on Jan. 1, and Feb. 1st and nothing s of yet.   I am really nervous he took a blood test and I will know my results tomortow.   I am very confused, but my heart is telling me I'm pregnant.  I'm only about a week late.  Somebody help!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.