4 months missed period & not pregnant

So ive been on birth control for over 3 years and had regular periods. The last time i had a period was in March 2014 and for two months i have missed and was still taking my birth control. After the two months i decided to stop talking the birth control thinking that it was messing with my body. And took many pregnancy tests that all came back negative. The next two months i still have not gotten my period. I have been to my family doctor and they were confused on what it could be. I did a urine and blood pregnancy test both negative and my thyroid is normal. I have had some cramping but not sure what it could be. No spotting or any other signs. I have schedule an appointment with a gynecologist. Hoping they have some answers. Has this happened to anyone else??
No this have never happen to me but I'm thinking to take birth control
but now I read this I'm scard to take them cause I read this note
There are many women who get the side effect of no period while on birth control. That's not uncommon and your doctor should have told you that. Also, when you quit taking the pill, it takes a while for your body's natural hormones to regulate back to normal so it's not completely surprising to me that you still don't have a period yet. If it were me, I wouldn't be worrying about it at all. I'd be pretty happy about not having to deal with bleeding. I would not be scared. The only thing that scares me is heavy bleeding. No bleeding to me would be a blessing.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community