5 Months after Stillborn, Trying to Conceive, having early and abnormally short periods?

Hello Everyone, 5 months ago I lost my daughter due to a stillborn delivery at 8 months. My husband and I have started trying to conceive again, and I've noticed my periods are coming 1-3 days earlier, when they normally are on time. My periods also usually come every 28 days, and they now come between 25-27 days. Also, i noticed when they come, they are only lasting 2-3 days, when they are normally 5 days long. I've been experiencing pregnancy symptoms within the last 3 weeks, but home tests are coming back negative. Do you think it's time for a blood test, or should i wait it out?
After 5-6 months of delivery (live or stillborn), your periods and ovulation returns, so chances of pregnancy cannot be ruled out. If you are having symptoms of pregnancy, You can test 1 week- 10 days after you miss your periods or you can test for pregnancy by a highly sensitive pregnancy test 10 days post ovulation with a sensitive ( 20 - 25 mIU ) pregnancy test.. Also I would suggest you to get your serum HCG levels estimated since this is more specific than urine for pregnancy tests. The HCG (it is a hormone) levels rise only in pregnancy and its presence will confirm the status of your pregnancy.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.