Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

A bump under the armpit!

Well, I'm 18 years of age and I'm somewhat worried about a recent bump I got under my armpit. I don't know what it could be, but it started just recently about a week ago I think. I just want to know if it's dangerous or if it can be something more then just a bump?
8 Responses
Hi Need a little bit more detail on the bump.What does it look like?Is it red or same color as your skin complexion?Don't have enough info.TNT406
A little more info would be great,  However I get these bumo things a lot from shaving my underarms.  They are almost like big pimples.. cyst like things.  Ingrown hairs. I have found if i wait anbout an hour or so after I shave under my arms then put on deoderant then i dont get them. hope that helps

l
I had a bump like that, does it look like two little holes over it? My doctor said its from an ingrown hair and that its fine, and I will probably have it forever. It almost looks like a little bite, with two little holes next to eachother (really small)

Go to your doctor, don't be afraid. It wasn't bad to have to looked at it took 2 seconds.
I ve had this pimple like bump under my armpit for 12 years now I can squeeze it from time to time and I manage to get some of the whitish stuff out but not all . It feels like its attached to something in my arm and I can't get rid of it all so it gets bigger until I squeeze it again. I ve felt like I ve had a fever for years and my body is fighting it hard can it be a possibility          janice
I had this bump under my armpit, bigger than a pimple, when u touch it, it really hurts. Im really worried of what it could be... SOMEONE pls help.
I found a lump under my left armpit tonight and am very worried. It hurts when you touch it and when I move my arm or just put my arm at my side. It is the same color as my skin with a pale pink center. There is a hair in the center (can't pluck it, it's not long enough, it's right at the surface) and I am not shaving it right now, too afraid it will get worse. I did try to squeeze it and that really hurt and made it slightly bigger. I washed with Dial and put an antibiotic ointment on it, not sure if that will help but thought it couldn't hurt. I have searched the net all night and can't find an answer why this suddenly appeared. It is about pea sized, was smaller before I squeezed it.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.