A question about UTIs and the kidneys

Would I know if have a kidney infection or will it not show any symptoms at all? Several years ago, I had so many UTIs. I had the typical symptoms. It cleared up without antibiotics. But I'm scared it might've traveled up the kidneys and damaged them each time. I am so scared that I have kidney disease because I didn't treat my UTIs properly and relied on water. I probably would be in bad shape right now if I'm right.
COMMUNITY LEADER
Sometimes infections clear on their own.  That probably happened OR you'd still have UTI symptoms. How long did the UTI go on?
Only for two or three days if I remember.
UTIs often clear up on their own without any intervention whatsoever. The fact that you ramped up water consumption is even better. If it traveled up to your kidneys you would likely have flank pain and gross hematuria (blood in the urine that is visible to the human eye). You should be getting a yearly physical that would include a urinalysis that would show microscopic hematuria as well as a CMP (comprehensive metabolic panel) blood test that would show your kidney function. I wish you all the best!