Abdominal Pain - Scans are clear... feeling like giving up

Over a year ago, I was going to the toilet and as soon as I finished I had agonising stabbing pains in the left side of my abdomen. I literally couldn't breathe or laugh or anything and couldn't go to work. I went to the doctor and did some ultra sounds and blood tests etc which showed I had a follicle shedding and it was considered normal. I had the pain for around a week straight and the only thing that helped was Naproxen.
I was diagnosed with PCOS because of pre diabetes, weight gain, depresseiom etc and have been taking 2000mg of Metformin for the last year. I have had daily pain since then (4/10 pain scale) not related to my period.
My doctor was worried I had endometriosis so I was sent to a Gynaecologist specialist where I did some more scans. They said they found nothing and refuse to do a laparoscopy because they think nothing gynaecologically is wrong with me. I was told to stop taking Met.
The pain radiates from left side to right but predominantly my left. The internal ultrasound was EXTREMELY painful on the left ovary side and I felt nothing on my right.
I just don't know what to do anymore or what it can be. I'm sick of spending all this money for doctors and treatments when no one knows what it is, and now I'm not allowed to see the gyno anymore.. What am I supposed to do??
I'm 24 years old, normal period, constant pain.