After surgery concern

I had a myomectomy surgery, it was in two parts. They did part of the surgery and then I went back the next week to finish it. It was a same day surgery. The first one went great, I even went shopping for an hour right after. The second surgery was not as good. I did have a lot more stomach pain with this one.there was some bleeding for a week after, but then I it stopped. About six weeks later I got my first period. It lasted for 2 weeks, then I was having incontinence . That has been going on for 2 weeks now, and in between I have been spuratically bleeding. I have been to the doctors twice and they have run tests twice, they say I don't have a infection, and nothing is wrong with me. I am 47 years old. Being incontinent is not ok with me. Is the a normal situation after this surgery and if so will it go away
HI,
Some amount of pain and bleeding and some alteration in menstrual pattern can be expected after a myomectomy. However incontinence is not normal and you need to see your Doctor for this. Urinary infection can be one of the reasons for incontinence, but you have ruled this out. If the incontinence is occurring because of laxity of tissues then kegel’s exercises will help.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Since the incontinence has started after myomectomy, it can be due to damage to trauma to the bladder or urethra during the procedure. I suggest you to consult a urologist and get it evaluated. Urodynamic evaluation which involves filling your bladder with water and measuring your capacity and the flow of urine may be required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community