Am I on my period?

Hi everyone! My periods have always been irregular, but when I have gotten them, they have been heavy and lasted for about 7 days. Last month, I noticed a brown goo like substance coming from my vaginal area, along with the presence of a brown liquid. (This lasted for about 2-3 days.) I didn't think much of it and thought it was just leftover blood coming out of my uterus from my last period. My "normal" period never came so I just assumed I skipped a month like always. Today this happened again so I am wondering if I am on my period and if they could be very light and only last a few days. My breasts are tender and I am having cramps so this is quite possible. If anyone has any information regarding menstrual cycles and how they can differ it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Hi! so this actually just happened to me this month. I bled a brown creamy goo for three days before my period. Just like you my periods are irregular. I did some research when it happened and one of the main things that came up was implantation bleeding. Is there a possibility you may be pregnant? If so I say take a test because unlike your story my actual period came on the fourth day. However lots of things can cause odd bleeding such as stress. You know your body best so I say go with your gut and good luck :).