Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.4k Members

Answers for the lost.. Vaginal Infections ruling my life

Im a 26 year old female. I've been diagnosed with more Bacterial (Vaginal) infections in the past 2 years than i can count. I cant even always go to the DR because I cannot afford it.
some notes.
Im (well WAS) very sexually active
I'm on progestin-only birth control pill
I'm a daily smoker (pack a day)
I have (or supposedly have) IBS

Methods: antibiotics only temporarily help lately, I Constantly feel an infection, with lots of irritation., I do not even bother with underwear unless on period, i Do not use scented anything down there, i rarely even use soap there i just use my sprayer from the shower head to clean well, I take probiotics, i use the boric acid occasionally but after 2-3 days of use it makes me even more irritated than i was originally, ive bathed in organic apple cidar vinegar, ive literally shoved plain yogurt up there...

I keep getting told smoking, my pills and sex cause these things. Well i know many women who do all 3 as well and dont get infections like i do, so Why Me? No dr has an answer for me. just do this do that. at this point im so tired and i cant afford dr's anymore. Between this "condition" along with the supposed IBS i have, sex has become nearly obsolete (i am NOT happy!!) I'm tired of drs blaming what i do daily or whatever when many others do as well and do not have this problem.

...Any suggestions?
2 Responses
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.