Any feedback?

I have been recently diagnosed with Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis and have been suffering from this condition for several months now. At first, I thought it was a continuous thrush/yeast infection occuring as the symptoms are very similar such as redness, yellow discharge, itchiness, swelling and irritation.

My Gynecologist has told me it is an auto-immune response where my immune systems is attacking this area for no particular reason. He has recommended using Dalacin V Cream (clindamycin phosphate) which does improve the symptoms temporarily although the symptoms do return within about four weeks. Overall, I suffer from this uncomfortable condition each month.

I am also trying to conceive naturally which makes me believe that this condition could be part of the problem of not being able to conceive up until now.

Any feedback or suggestions would be helpful in terms of other successful treatments or cures for this condition.

DaniM13
General care for desquamative inflammatory vaginitis should include gentle cleansing of the external genitalia with water and non-soap cleansers. Vaginal moisturisers may be helpful for dryness. Other than that other treatment options are clindamycin topical treatment, topical steroids, oral antibiotics and metronidazole cream. Treatment should be continued for several weeks. If this is unsuccessful then the other treatments mentioned above may be tried.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your helpful feedback. I recently re-visited my Gynecologist about the problem and he took further swabs even though this has already been taken before and resulted positive for Desquamative Inflammatory Vaginitis. I am now trying a topical steroid treatment (Clobetasol 0.05% in Nystatin cream 150gm), which I use 3 times per week for 4 weeks. So far the symptoms have subsided so I do hope this treatment will help. Will keep you posted.

DaniM13
did that work?