Are my boobs okay?

I am 13 years old, im not quite regular so i couldnt tell you if i was about to start my period, but that doesnt really matter, every minute of every day my boobs are killing me. I cant put any pressure on them at all. Since i sleep on my stomach its starting to mess with how well i sleep. It only bothers me bad when im not really doing anything important. but in sports when im jumping and running its not that unbarable, but during school and at home, they kill me!!! please help me if you can and thanks so much.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
A menstrual cycle can cause breast tenderness. Does it happen every month before your period? If so, this is most likely the cause.
Helpful - 0
At your age you could just be going through a growth spurt.  If you are small chested you could be expecting more soon enough.  If you are bigger they could just be growing.  At any point make sure you go in for bra fittings.  A proper fitting bra is key to comfort and care of breast tissue.  
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

STDs can't be transmitted by casual contact, like hugging or touching.
Syphilis is an STD that is transmitted by oral, genital and anal sex.
Normal vaginal discharge varies in color, smell, texture and amount.
Bumps in the genital area might be STDs, but are usually not serious.
Chlamydia, an STI, often has no symptoms, but must be treated.