Are there any safe psychiatric meds to take while pregnant?

I am currently taking lithium, zoloft, clonazepam, and respiridol. I know clonazepam is a definite no go for pregnancy. I'm just curious about the other ones. I want to have a baby one day, maybe not for a few years, but I want to know if there are any safe meds for pregnant women with bipolar disorder? I have baby fever and I just can't get it out of my head. I'm 22 years old, married for almost three years. Help?!
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi there and welcome.  Well, my advice is to not put the cart in front of the horse.  You are not yet pregnant so that is one of those bridges you can cross at the time.  It's important to treat the mental health issue now as fully as possible with whatever medication you and your doctor finds works best.  

When you do decide to try for a baby, schedule an appointment with your ob/gyn and talk about the medications you are on and how this might impact anything.  THEY will give you the best advice.  Doctors do a risk/benefit analysis and guide their patients accordingly.  By treating fully now, perhaps you will be in a place in which you can take a break down the road when you are pregnant.  Or your doctor will guide you on how to use medication in a safe way when the time comes.

Try not to worry.  Things like this do tend to work out.  but you are smart to think of your mental health while pregnant.  In truth, pregnancy creates a lot of hormones that do a number on someone regardless of mental health state going into pregnancy---  so it is best to be at your best point going into it.  

wishing you all the best.