Armpit lump

I had a Lump removed from my left armpit four years ago (It had been growing since I was a child). About three years after removing the first lump one began to grow under the right underarm. I had that one removed in January 2008. Now, I have just discoverd one begining to grow back in my left arm pit again, it hurts and becomes more painful with my monthly cycle. What is going wrong? Is it something I am doing that is causing this problem?
What was the lump when you had it removed 4 years ago?  Was it a lymph node, a blocked sweat gland, infected hair follicle, what?

I have already posted my problem, but I had forgot to mention that the lump was excess breast & fat tissue. I am brand new to this sight.
I had a lump on my left armpit and had removed it in the year 2003 and that lump was also an excess breast tissue but now it's more bigger than before and I also need to it to be remove. I don't know why it did come back, what about yours?