BLOOD CLOTS DURING PERIOD

LATELY I HAVE BEEN HAVING ALOT OF BLOOD CLOTS DURING MY CYCLE AND THIS MONTH I WAS HAVING A HEAVY PERIOD AND THEN WHEN I WENT TO THE BATHROOM I PASSED A BLOOD CLOT AS BIG AS A GRAPEFRUIT AND THEN MY PERIOD STOPPED NOW IT'S BACK AGAIN VERY LIGHT. I HAVE HAD MY TUBES TIED AND ALREADY HAVE 3 GROWN CHILDREN. SHOULD I SEE THE GYNECOLOGIST OR IS THIS NORMAL? I NEED SOME ADVISE
i am sitting here with my mouth wide open! as big as a grapefruit you say?? that is indeed cause for concern. passing clots is normal but the rule of thumb is usually anything larger than a quarter is something you should call your dr. about. let us know ok??
I had a similar problem a few months ago, the exception with mine is my period didnt stop, I actually kept my period for two weeks passing the HUGE!!!! blood clots, I did not to the dr and he checked me out and said that everything look alright, he just told me it was from stress and gave me some pills to help my period stop and get back on track, so yeah i think you should go to your dr and get check out, it will at least ease your mind a bit to talk with the dr, good luck and keep us posted, hope everything turns out alright
YES, AS BIG AS A GRAPEFRUIT. WHEN I PULLED MY PANTS DOWN IT ROLLED DOWN MY LEG AND FELL TO THE FLOOR. WHEN I TRIED TO PICK IT UP, IT KEPT BREAKING APART AND I HAD A MESS TO CLEAN. THEN IT JUST STOPPED AND THEN AFTER I HAD SEX THE NEXT DAY WITH MY HUSBAND IT STARTED BACK BUT REAL LIGHT. AS I REREAD THIS IT SOUNDS KINDA WEIRD, BUT I AM BEING TRUTHFUL. I MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH MY GYNECOLOGIST FOR THIS MONDAY. I HAD GONE TO HIM BEFORE ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO CAUSE MY PERIOD WOULDN'T STOP AND HE GAVE ME PILLS TO TAKE FOR 10 DAYS, AND IT STOPPED AND NOW THIS MONTH I'VE HAD IT TWICE BUT NEVER A BLOOD CLOT AS BIG AS THIS LAST ONE. AT FIRST I THOUGHT "WELL GOOD IT'S ALL OUT NOW" BUT AFTER I THOUGHT ABOUT IT, I CALLED THE DOC.
oh lord! i cant even imagine. i dont mind the details, i think it helps people. just give your dr. a quick call and let her/him know what happened. they may simply tell you over the phone and whether or not they want you to come in. thats what i would do. at least the bleeding subsided but what in the world came out of you? thats what id wanna know.
A few hours after I had my second child, while I was still in the hospital, I felt this major need to push, just like I did when I gave birth. I got myself out of the bed to go to the bathroom and while standing, I HAD to push. I passed a blood clot the size of a bowling ball. It hit the floor and so did I. It was the last thing I remembered until I was brought back. My husband was with me luckily when it happened and he called a nurse. I had stopped breathing, my heart had stopped and the nurse did CPR until the Doc came in and saved me. Obviously I was bleeding to death internally and I had to get immediate treatment and blood.
I am not trying to scare you, but you need to be seen. When you called for your appt. did you tell them what had happened? Or were you casual about it? I think if you told them you had passed a clot the size of a grapefruit then they would want you in there A.S.A.P. or even tell you to go to the E.R. Please don't let this wait. Anemia will kick you in the tail from losing blood.
Let us know how you are.
I MADE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE DOC AND HE IS SEEING ME THIS MONDAY AND YES I TOLD THE RECEPTIONIST THE SIZE OF THE BLOOD CLOT. PERIOD HAS STOPPED ALTOGETHER FOR NOW. I HAD A TUBAL YEARS AGO AND MY PERIODS HAVE BEEN FINE EXCEPT FOR THE LAST 3 MONTHS. THANKS FOR ASKING. I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED ON WHAT HAPPENS AFTER MONDAY. THE LAST TIME I SAW THE DOC HE SAID IF I HAD ANYMORE PROBLEMS TO GO SEE HIM AND HE MAY SCHEDULE A D&C, SO THAT'S PROBABLY WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN NOW.
In regards to your big blood clots...I have heard of them alot from my friends and colleagues.
Part of it is that the uterus as we grow older loses it ability to contract effectively, or a frequently as it used to. Over time, the uterus get a little "tougher", and not the great muscle it used to be. Also, a few c-sections will do this too.
What this means to your period, is the uterus works harder to pass all the blood each month-Mega cramps. Some parts of the uterus that don't contract as well get "pools" of blood, that clot up into...BIG clots. Big contractions will get these clots slithering out into your pad/toilet and so forth.
You can try the pill to decrease your flow, thus reducing the clots, or I think the progesterone cream may help as well.
Good luck!
WELL I WENT TO DOC TODAY AND HE IS ORDERING AN ULTRASOUND OF MY UTERUS, IF THAT COMES OUT OKAY THEN  HE IS GOING AHEAD WITH A D&C. DOC SAYS THAT WILL CLEAN EVERYTHING OUT AND I WILL START FRESH AGAIN. LET'S SEE HOW IT GOES
Try not to worry Fresno.. Hope all goes well and you are feeling better soon! Keep us updated so we don't worry.
I also have the same problem.  Some months I go heavy for about 2 days and pass alot of clots some large some tiny.  Then it slacks off and I am regular and fades to nothing within 3 more days.  My last period I started on the 24th of August and went really heavy for about 10 days and then it slacked off to only spotting mildly throughout the day.  A couple of days almost nothing.  Now I am back to almost nothing most of the day and then some times at night I may pass a clot the size of a golf ball to tennis ball.  After I pass the clot it seems like I go back to almost nothing.  Any ideas.  I have my regular obgyn annual physical 9/14/05 so I am going to go ahead and go in even though they won't be able to do the pap but at least maybe I can get some professional advise.  I just want to get back to the normal for a while anyway.  I miss my husband, if you all know what I mean.!!
I HAVE BEEN HAVING BLOOD CLOTS SINCE I HAD A MISS CAREGE 2 YEARS AGO BUT IF ONE WAS AS BIG AS A GRAPEFRUIT I THINK I WOULD PASS OUT. I DONT KNOW HOW YOU WERE STILL ACTIVE AFTER THAT. WHEN I HAD ONE BIGGER THAN A QUARTER I THREW UP.
I am only 21 and i only have blood clots in my period... what does this mean? and my cramps are umbearable!