Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

BROWN DISCHARGE AFTER PERIOD ENDS

I KNOW THAT HAVING BROWN DISCHARGE AFTER MY PERIOD IS NORMAL BUTS ITS ALSO ANNOYING.  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS OF HOW TO GET RID OF THE DISCHARGE THAT WOULD NOT BE THREATENING TO MY REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM?  SUGGESTIONS OF HOME REMEDIES WELCOME..THANKS!
246 Responses
do you have a lot of it for many days?
i know my period usually lasts a grand total of 4-5 days and about 2 days of the brown discharge but the brown discharge is light. i just use a "light" tampon or a "light days pad". i personally dont know of any way to get rid of it as i would think its just part of the process. im happy when i see it get brownish because it means my period is ending!
I used to douche monthly but my doctor suggested that I stop b/c I would get a bacterial infection each month after douching.  That's why I'm looking for something other than douching..thanks for the input guys.
you might try a douche?
maybe someone can support this but i heard that douching is not good. our bodies have a way of cleansing itself naturally and using a douche can flush bacteria upwards causing infections?
I don't think you have anything to worry about. At the end of all my periods, it is light brown. Thats a sign of old blood. If you use tampons it gets backed up basicly. Mine always starts about one full day after I thought I've stopped. I will not use anything and then the light brown discharge begins. I hope this is helpful to you.
my doctor told me that the brown discharge is old blood.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.