Back pain in early pregnancy

Hi all

Is it normal to have back pain in early pregnancy. I was searching online and one page said that it could be my body preparing for miscarriage( that scared me).
Has anyone suffered back pains during early preg?
I will call my Dr. tomorrow I just need some reasurence that someone has had this before.

Yes i had it & also spotted. DS was fine. I'm doing it now w/DS#2. Talk to your DR but our body just has to do so much in order to make room, everything gets alittle more ouchy here & there sometimes :) Wish u the best!
Thanks for responding...
So I shouldn't freak out?

I'm just scared because I had a miscarriage in July and I really want this one to stick around.

I don't hurt in my tummy, just my back
but if you say you are going through it then that gives me some relieve.

Thank You!

No hun don't freak out, I know it's hard, I just try to rest when my back hurts or I get a funny pain here or there:)  At 6wks w/#1 I had really sharp tummy pains when I'd go to bed & w/ this pg I've really had em even more but it was just stuff stretching here & there :) Maybe the dr can ease your mind more :) It's so hard when u r scared to enjoy the moment but try & I'll pray your baby stays anchored in, thats what I do when I'm in doubt even now that I'm 31wks :) LOL