Bacterial Vaginosis (BV) - what's your experience?

Bacterial Vaginosis is a bacterial infection in the vagina that is very common, but a lot of women don't know about until they get it. It's caused when there is an imbalance of bacteria that are normally present in vagina.

Have you had BV? What's your experience been like? Can you share your story to help others?

https://www.medicinenet.com/bacterial_vaginosis_causes_symptoms_treatment/article.htm

A couple of comments from that article:

https://comments.medicinenet.com/bacterial_vaginosis_causes_symptoms_treatment/patient-comments-3935.htm

"Comment from: Mency, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 04

I have had these horrible symptoms for 17 days now. It started with and awful vaginal itch, swelling, burning and a slight odor. My doctor diagnosed me with bacterial vaginosis (BV) and a yeast infection... but sometimes it gets so bad that I wish I could rip my vagina off..."

"Comment from: anna, 35-44 Female Published: January 11

When I have bacterial vaginosis, I experienced a foul odor and bleeding."

"Comment from: sporty girl, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 22

Bacterial vaginitis showed me increased watery discharge, distinctly fishy odor especially strong after sex."

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community