Bad menstrual cycle

I been on my period for 4 weeks now and I had some spotting then it would get heavy then it would stop for one day then the nest will will come back. During the day it would have some weird brown spotting then bleed again. I'm only 18 years old and I don't know what to do. I need some help.
Hi there

When I first read your post I thought you were suffering from adenomyosis.
But then I saw your age!!!

It usually affects women over age 30 who have had children  and mabye a c section or other surgery.

I really think you have to go to the doctors if this carries on you will be very anaemic.

Thanks! I appreciate it.
What you are having is menorrhagia. Normally the period stays for 3-7 days and comes in 21 to 35 days. However sometimes normal periods can be irregular. The causes of menorrhagia could be due to bleeding disorders, vitamin K deficiency, excess usage of aspirin, hormonal imbalance, stress, fibroids, recent intra uterine devices (like copper-T)etc. So I will like to advise for internal examination with gynecologist and take opinion.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Another thing is that I lost 10 pounds. Is that another cause of why I been in my period this long? I eat normally and all but I still lose weight.