Black periods and clotting

Hi, I'm only 17 but I've been having an almost entirely black period with lots of clots for a few days now.
This time it's a lot lighter (i.e. not heavy) than and with barely any pain. Is this normal?

Just incase this makes any difference... Background that may help...?
Normally my periods are quite heavy, the pain is so bad I'm sick and can't go to school and I've been having them since I was 11.
I've been on a 1200cal diet for just over a week but would that make a difference? Last summer I was on the same diet but it didn't affect my periods like this... they were just painless.
I have PCOS but regular periods, and earlier this month I went to hospital with a bartholin abscess but it was not operated on.

Thanks if someone can let me know if it's normal/ nothing to worry about/ I should see my GP.
The cause of irregular periods could be due to hormonal imbalance, stress, chronic illness, polycystic ovarian disease, thyroid gland disorders or diseases, pituitary gland tumors or cyst, galactorrhea, prolactinomas etc. You should consult a gynecologist and get examined and investigated as soon as possible to know the exact cause of all these episodes.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.