Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.5k Members

Bleeding during Pregnancy..

So, I have recently found out that I AM expecting a few days ago. I went in because of some vaginal bleeding and it wasn't time for my menstrual cycle. Well, they did a blood test and we came to find out that I was indeed a week and a half pregnant. Basically, I guess what my question is... "How long does implantation bleeding occur?" Also, if this ISN'T implantation bleedng, what COULD be wrong? Should I be worried. Im going to go ahead and schedule a Dr.'s appt for sometime early next week. I was just going to see if anybody out there knew anything??
Thanks.
Lindsey
3 Responses
This response may contain graphic content.
Please or to view.
1226811 tn?1271525527
The onlt thing to say is to go and get checked by a doctor
1257199 tn?1277774117
My doc told me that 40 % of pregnancies have bleeding at different times for a lot of different reasons.  It could be old blood where the baby is implanting, it could be placenta, or that your cervix is raw and bleeding, (all normal) and these were just a few he named.  I wouldn't worry too much unless you have heavy red bleeding and cramps. However, if it persists, which I experienced, they may run blood tests to check the viability.  Good luck!
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.