Boil Remedies

As I'm sure most of you know I suffer from boils all the time. Last time I went to the dr he gave me antibiotics and also a wash beacuse the pHisoderm wasn't helping that much. I took the antibiotics and I am using the wash everday. Last week I had a little bump. I kept washing and one day I was in the shower and it tripled in size since the day before! I really don't want to get it lamced. It doesn't hurt like they usually do, but it's extremley hard. Do epsom salt baths really work? I have tried hot compresses, but can't get it to stay hot for a while. Any advice would be wonderful. Thanks!
I've been trying to do some research on boils, but I need your opinion.  I usually get ingrown hairs in the inside of my thigh, along my bikini line.  Sometimes, they aren't ingrown hairs that I can pop, but they're under the skin and feels like a hard little ball if you push in on them.  I've had one on the inside of my thigh for the past several weeks and it won't go away.  Is this a boil?  It doesn't really hurt, but what do they do if they "lance" it?  Will they get bigger if you don't get it removed?
It sounds like a boil to me. Mine usually hurt, but this one doesn't. When they lance it, they slice it open and drain the puss, but it hurts a lot. Have your tried anything for it? Do you shave? My dr told me to stop shaving, that only helped a little. Does it hurt when you push on it? Mine hurts if I push on it. Try Boil Eaze, you can get it at the drugstore, I just buy the generic brand. I put lots on and cover it with a bandage, all day. That usually helps me, also do a hot compress to bring it to a head.
I do not shave that area, I used to, but it would always get irritated no matter what kind of soap/shampoo/shaving cream/depilatory cream/etc I used.  I've tried everything, but I haven't shaved that area for years (I trim it though).  Most of the time, they hurt and I can usually get it to come to a head, but this one has been lingering in that spot for at least a month.  It hurt when it was first there, but it never came to a head, so I left it alone and now it's a hard ball under the skin that I can't pop.  (PS, I'm 27 weeks pregnant and I can't see in that area even it if did come to a head).  I might try the hot compress tonight and see if anything happens, DH might have to help though.  Thanks!!
I just got an e-mail about household remedies. It says to use Hunts tomato paste as a boil reliever. It said that the acid reduces the pain and bring it to a head. I will try it and see if it works. My dr told me to use pHisoderm body wash in that area. It worked pretty well. I would also ask your dr next time  you're in. You're going every two weeks now, right? Good Luck!
Well, not every two weeks.  My next appointment is on April 11th where I'm taking the gestational diabetes thing, (you know, drink the big glass of sugar and then they check your blood...)  And then after that, probably a week or so, I have to get my Rhogam shot (I'm O negative), but he said he wouldn't have me in every two weeks until I hit that 8 month mark.  I haven't had any complications or anything, so he said that should work unless I feel compelled to come in more.  I think I actually popped the boil last night, but it never came to a head.  I kinda felt down there and rolled the ball in my fingers and press on it and I got something out, (gross, I know) but this morning I don't feel the ball anymore, so I hope it's gone.  I always get them there, and most of the time they hurt like hell, but this one scared me because it didn't hurt and just formed a ball.  Lots of things go through your mind like it could be a tumor, or cyst, or whatever and that's scary for me right now.  Tell me if the tomato paste thing works or not and I'll try that pHisoderm body wash, I'm tired of getting them especially in that area.  It doesn't matter how clean you are, they always come back.  I actually have scars along my bikini line because of them, so it would be nice to get rid of them if I can.  Thanks for the advice!
I have scars all in that area too. It doesn't matter how much you wash, some people still get them. I hope the gestational diabetes test goes well. i had the RhoGam shot when I miscarried (I'm B-). I will let you know if the tomato paste thing works, I forgot about it last night. I hope you did get that boil and it's gone now. Mine is smaller but still hard and still there. have a good day and a great 2 1/2 months!
what causes boils
i've had a boil/cyst on my chest for the last six years.Once a year it will start to get irratated,and then feels like it's streching.So once a year i have to go to the er to have it drained.I wish there was a easy way for it to just stay away.Wright now my chest is starting to get that irrating,painful feeling,and i feel like i'm going to have to go to the er again.i'm going to try the phisoderm i just want the pain to go away!!!!
I havent used the phisoderm but I usually take hot baths with Epsom salt and use boilease after a couple of days it usually goes away but I hade one that lasted almost two weeks so I went to the doctor she busted it and mixed half alcohol and peroxide and said to clean it at least three times a day. so now I use that to clean it whenever I get one then apply the boilease.
I have a internal boil on my right labia majora. I've gotten them before but never internal, and they usually go away after a week or two. But I've had this one for over a month and I'm a little worried. There's no pain, it doesn't look like anything its just a lump ball.
I've washed down there with antibiotic soap, soaked in warm baths and still nothing.
Try adding Epsom Salts to a basin of water - very hot water - as hot as you can tolerate. Take a folded up paper towel, dip in the water wring & press on the boil 5 - 10 minutes. Re applying w/ fresh hot paper towel as needed. This will make the boil come to a head rapidly & open it quickly.
I have a boil on the left lip of my vagina its hard and it was sore but now its not. Its still there. Never had one there before should I go to the dr. Or er? I lost my joblast month so no insurance..