Boil removal surgery

Since I can remember I have suffered from boils in my armpit area and in my vaginal area.  I have had some removed in my arm pit but I did not like the way they were doing the surgery (with only local anesthesia).  I have recently been thinking more about having an operation to have the boils removed since it does not seem like this problem will stop like I thought it would.  I wanted to know if anyone else has had boils removed and if there are any options for types of surgery.  I also would like to know what recovery might be like since I am a full time student.

Thank you!
Hi there,

I just started getting boils in my armpits I am a full time college student too.  Is this perhaps stress related?  I am very worried because they have reappered within a month first it went away and now it is back within a week.  Oh no!  I am eager to find out if there is an antibiotic out there.  Sorry do not know anything about surgery.

Plat8
I have the same problem and have been dealing with this for a very long time.  I am actually going to a plastic surgeon tomorrow because he is the only surgeon that will be able to remove the roots that developed under my skin.  These boils were originally from a staph infection and have just gotten worse.  Everytime I go to my general practioner he tests me for MRSA which never comes up positive.  I also was reading that vits A^E are good for future boils.
How was your dr visit with the surgeon? I've had these for almost 4 years now. The first one appeared when I was pregnant with my little boy & it was in my buttocks which is also known as pilonidal cyst. So I had it drained & it kept coming back so I had to keep getting it drained because one dr told me to soak in warm water with epsom salt & prescribed me antibiotics to see if it would drain itself & it did work a couple of times. I eventually became tired of this method so I went to a surgeon so he could surgically remove it, hoping I would no longer have problems with it so he did the surgery & within 6 months, it would still leak, not sure what since he removed the cyst, I'm guessing the cut? So I went back & he said that was ok & put me on antibiotics & gave me some cream to put on it so that did help for a while but to this day, almost 2 years later, I still have problems with that same boil/abscess! But who knows? Maybe it's just that particular surgeon...some family members tell me they don't think he did a good job for me to be still having problems 2yrs later. Then, a while back, 2 boils popped up, 1 under each armpit so I decided not to return to the same dr. I scheduled an appointment with a dermatologist & I'm hoping she can help me with all 3 of my boils! I also did research on google & found one website stating if the boils keep popping up, it just might be a skin disease called Hidradenitis Suppurativa (HS),,,,here's the link to the website
http://www.hs-usa.org/hidradenitis_suppurativa.htm

It's good to know I'm not alone out there & some people know the pain I'm going through.
Sorry that was meant to go to you~

It's good to know I'm not alone out there & some people know the pain I'm going through
Hello. Ive had boils in my groin area, bottom and armpits also. Ive had boils for over 10 years. I dont just get one i get about 20 at a time, And have hundreds of scars left from them. Could any one tell me what i could do? As there always popping up. Ive tryed all the creams, lotions, antibiotics. But ive never had it drained as there are always more than 10 there. The pain is excrutiating. and being pulled from pillar to post i would like to know if anyone knows about glan removal and scar removal is possible?~
Hello ive been having boils for over 10 years. They first started when i was 13 years old, in the armpit of both my arms. They have now spread to my groin and buttocks. I was wondering if any body else who has them ever gets hot sweats? Just every time i seem to get rid of them i will get a hot sweat and they will return to the point where i might get 4 or 5 on my groins of each leg. I have tried antibiotics where i have been on a course for nearly 3 months they work for a while but then they come back. I think the only way for these to go would be to get a referral from your gp to see a dermatologist. But i was wondering if anyone has had these removed and if you have how long was recovery and have they came back.
Thank you