Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Breakthrough bleeding

For the past 4 months I've had heavier than normal periods with a lot of sharp pain during them.  Then, for the past two months I've had bleeding in between periods as well.  The in between bleeding normally lasts about one day, but it is heavy enough that it turns the toilet red and I can see clots in it.  This month I've already had it happen twice and my periods only been over for about two weeks.  I'm not on any birth control and haven't been for a long time.  I'm married and have two boys, 4 and 7.  Any idea what this could be?
2 Responses
332074 tn?1229564125
Sounds like you are having irregular cycles. You might want to consider going on birth control to keep your cycle on a normal schedule.
I am on stress leave from work and have gone through alot of personal stress as well. Somehow I ended up in the hospital because my lower abdomen was in alot of pain and burning. Apparently there is no sign od urinary infection, yeast infection, std, or failed pregnancy, so what else could it be? Iv'e been bleeding for two days now mostly blood clots that are about the size of the palm of my hand and there seems to be somekind of tissue inside them. I feel like iv'e been kicked in the gut's and the pain is worse and lasting longer than any regular period I have ever had. My regular cycle ended two weeks ago. Any ideas?
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.