Breast Lump,, please help!

Im 25 years old and I just discovered a breast lump in the medial aspect of my left breast. Im really freaking out because of the cancer thought. It is about the size of a pea and I do not think it moves. I do not have any other symptoms. I have had one child and have no family history or breast cancer. I went to the doctor and she said it was more than likey hormonal but scheduled me an ultrasound. My ultrasound isnt for a week and Im really making myself crazy, does anyone have any advice or similar issues? I really need to talk to someone about this and my husband just thinks Im crazy
An ultrasound or a mammogram?  I don't know what to tell you, except if your doctor doesn't think it is cancer, it probably is not.  Good luck, if it's really making you crazy, you could see if you can get in sooner.
I have had cysts in my breasts that had to be drained. They performed an ultrasound to identify them and then the doctor stuck a realy small needle in and sucked out all the stuff from the cysts. It didn't hurt.
Doctors are pretty good at knowing the difference when they examine you but the ultrasound will reveal a lot. I was told that in younger women mammograms aren't so effective because the breast tissues are too dense. That's why they use ultrasound, it's a better tool for younger breasts apparently.

I know that saying try not to worry is easy but doing it is almost impossible when your faced with something like this for the first time. If you can make some phonecalls perhaps you can get a quicker appointment. The squeaky door gets the oil.

Best of luck.