Breast Pain

I'm 18 and for the past few days I've been having an on and off pain in only my left breast, mainly the nipple.  I should be getting my period within the next few days but this doesn't feel like my normal PMS breast pains.  I've been on Estrostep birth control for 2 months and I'm also diabetic, I'm not sure if they would have anything to do with this.  I know this isn't much information but I'm very worried.

Could this be a symptom of pregnancy?  I had my period on time last month, but it was much lighter than usual and only lasted about 5 days.  I've had no other symptoms of pregnancy.
if you've been taking your pills, you do not need to worry about pregnancy, and YES! the pill makes your boobs very sore. mine hurt so bad many many times but I stuck with it and it went away by the 5th month. u may here that the pill tricks your body into thinking its pregnant, so you dont ovulate. this explains why you have these symptoms. it means the hormones are working!!