Breast Tenderness and Nipple Pain

So a few days ago I had allowed my boyfriend to suck on my nipple. He sucked for about 30 seconds then gave it a rest for a minute and then again. He also sucked the top part of my boob. It was not enough to give me a hickey, or to cause any visual bruising. However, it's been four days since the incident, and my boob has kind of felt a little tender, and the more sensitive toward the nipple area. Can something have happened when he sucked my nipple? Should I be concerned?
I've felt this pain right after the incident and then the next day later on, just to add detail
It's the friction. Similar to when babies breastfeed, your nipple are trying to get tougher to protect themselves. Make sure they stay moisturized so that they don't chap or get calloused. It's nothing to be worried about though (:
Even if my breast itself hurts? Not just the skin?
I just read something on another question that one can get a bacterial infection if my boyfriend created tiny fixtures on my nipple from the sucking, there was no blood and I don't think any cuts, but my nipples have always had these kind of hole-ish looking things in the middle of them (i'm sorry I don't know the scientific term) So could I have gotten a bacterial infection from that? My nipples aren't bleeding, there has not been any discharge, but my breast does feel tender