A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Breast Tenderness

Okay, let me begin with the facts.
1) I am 26 years old
2) I have had two children (Both C-Section)
3) I am on the pill
4) I do drink caffine maybe 4 times a week

About two days ago I noticed this pain in my right breast. My left breast is also tender but my right is by far the worst. If I lift my breast, the pain eases. I am due to start my period in about two weeks, and I don't believe I'm pregnant, and this is not a typical sign of PMS for me. Any suggestions on what could be happening? I have noticed that my breast seems bigger, but I was under the impression that my breasts had stopped growing some time ago so I am at a loss
1 Responses
563773 tn?1374250139
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Hello,
There are many causes of soreness of breasts,premenstrual syndrome and pregnancy being one of them.Other important causes are fibrocystic breast disease,ductal ectasia,mastitis(inflammation of breasts),galactoceles,benign and malignant pathologies of breasts,referred pain from liver or musculoskeletal system,arthritis of the ribs,costsochondritis and inflammation or sprain of pectoralis muscle.

I feel that an examination by a gynecologist will be the best.Till that time,apply some warm compresses on the breasts and take some over the counter pain reliever(analgesic) like ibuprofen or diclofenac.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.