Breat Pain and Brown Discharge

I believe that I am in the midst of periomenopause, skipped a few months earlier this year, hot flashes, but then I've regular for the past 4 months.  I am experincing very long heavy periods, sometimes lasting 7-10 days.  Lately I started having a dark brown mucous discharge and now my breast are very painful, especially myh left breast.  

I have a few days before I see my doctor and get my mammagram, but I am concerned.  (I had several breast bioposies over 18yrs ago - benign).  

Do you think that this is related to my periomenopause or some other condition?
I am a breast cancer survior and 41 years old. I suggest its related to menopause, especially with erratic periods.
To be 100 % sure, rule out everything by going for a mammio and ultrasound too if possible. Make sure the mammio is done at a
reputable clinic or hospital. It should feel like a garage door closing on your boob. And cut back on caffeine and pop which can help reduce breast sensitivity.
Best of luck. Post your results.