Brown Vaginal Discharge?

I'm 17 years old, a virgin, and have been having dark brown, odorless, vaginal discharge for about a week. At first I thought it was my period, since it is around time for me to start, but it hasn't stopped. It started off as just some brown spotting, but it's gotten to where I need to wear a pad. I have had cramps occasionally as well. I'm really scared, please help me out.
Usually brown blood and/or discharge is your body expelling the old blood - "cleaning out" so to say, and is normal.  I would have to say it's your period, but if you are do not start bleeding regularly, take a home pregnancy test just to rule that out.  Good luck :)
Thank you for the reply, I've been researching around and found it that it is probably normal, but I'm still a little worried. And I wouldn't need a pregnancy test since I am a virgin. Haha :)