Brown discharge, not pregnant

So two weeks ago i started seeing brown stringy discharge when i wipe, i assumed it was my period coming because i was due 4 day after. Turns out it wasn't and the brown discharge continued and it became darker i had to start wearing panty shield because it became more of spotting. I took a pregnancy test, neg. i went to see my physician n she sent me home saying nothing is wrong with me, its my period coming.. i have absolutely no signs of anything coming or no signs that anything is happening wit ma body, my discharge is just brown and i am very concerned. It has been 2 weeks and the discharge is still ongoing. Is it gonna stop? Is it my period? What?
COMMUNITY LEADER
sometimes having long bouts of spotting is due to a natural production of too much progesterone.  (this is one of our body's hormones).  That can also delay a true period.  Hormonal imbalance is the usual reason for odd spotting and delayed periods.  I'd guess you are not pregnant but you could take another home test to be sure.  However, it sounds like you've had a blood test to confirm you aren't pregnant.  I'd guess you have a hormonal imbalance that usually rights itself but when it doesn't, doctors often prescribe birth control to push everything back into balance. good luck

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community