Brown discharge day 8 of period?

So this week has been a rough one.  The day before my period I started feeling like I was catching a virus.  The next day it felt like a bus hit me.  Coincidentally I got my period the same day.  Bad headaches really heavy bleeding, switching my tampon every two to four hours as they were soaked.  The next day same heavy bleeds, a little better on the headaches, but really light headed.  I just thought maybe I was sick.  Day 3 way better and period almost non existent.  Light bleeding and the brown discharge started to appear, so I assumed my period just wanted to finish a day or two early.  Now I haven't really bled since day four and it is now day eight and I went to wipe and there's brown discharge coming from my vagine hole.  I'm scared I miscarried or something is wrong with me.  I am a regular 5-6 day bleeder, periods on a 28-30 day cycle, and this one just didn't seem right.  Any suggestions?  I have a dr. Appt on thursday for a follow up on an ulcer.

Thanks!
Sometimes periods can be irregular after sickness or stress. It could also mean that for whatever reason during your last menses the entire uterine lining failed to make a timely exit. In some cases however there is cause for concern like  cervical cancer, pelvic Inflammatory Disease (PID), menopause, or sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea and  Chlamydia .You should consult a gynecologist who will physically examine the local area and may consider tests like papa smear, nucleic acid amplification technologies for detection of Chlamydia trachomatis and Neisseria  gonorrhea from endocervical and urine specimens and laparoscopy with negative cervical cultures if the symptoms persist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you so much for your feedback I am doing much better now :(