Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.6k Members

Brown spotting approx one week before period

I had my daughter 16 months ago (C-section).  For about the last 10 months or so, I've had dark brown to light brown spotting about 5-7 days before my period each month.  My periods have been pretty regular, although heavy the first two days usually.  I have noticed some clots coming out ever now and then (usually small to about the size of a nickel on the large side).  I've noticed lately that I have a dull ache on my lower left side off and on.  Anyone have any idea what could be going on?  I'm trying to wait until my husband's new health insurance starts before seeing doctor (in 4 weeks), but I've been getting more concerned lately.  I thought the first few months was just my periods getting back to normal after having a child.  Now, I'm thinking it's something else.
10 Responses
121828 tn?1333468091
Sounds like me. I had a dd 9 months age (c-section) and I have spotting 7dpo. It's soo annoying. We have been ttc for 4 months now. I have an appt. next Monday, can't wait to see him. I have read low progesterone, but, who knows?
229760 tn?1291471470
You sound just like me.  After my mc about 10 months ago, I too have been spotting a week before my period. I went to the doctor yesterday and he did a u/s and said everything looked great.  He thought the spotting was due to hormones. He basically stated that I am not making enough progesterone. He assured me that this was not going to affect my TTC, but I am not to sure if  I believe this. During the pregnancy that ended in mc I was put on med for my progesterone. They still tell to this day say that the mc was not caused by low progestrone but I am sure it did not help.  As a result of my doctors visit he just upped my dosage of clomid and told me to come back in 4 months.  He said that if I was not pg in the next 3 months he would send me to an inferitlity dr. This is very frustrating because me and my DH have been TTC for the last two years. I would have never thought it would be this hard. I am only 26 and he is 28. Best of luck to you ladies!!
121828 tn?1333468091
Well, looks like the spotting didn't interfear whatsoever for me. I am pg again. Still spotted 8dpo until the day I was supposed to start my AF.  I will ask at my OB appt next Wed. if my progesterone needs to be checked. Good Luck TTC!
229760 tn?1291471470
Congrats on your BFP!! Hopefully your levels will be great!  I am still in limbo I started spotting last week and I am not expecting AF until next Wednesday!! I am hoping for a BFP to but not counting on it. Congrats again!!
121828 tn?1333468091
Don't worry, your bfp will come when you least expect it!! Baby Dust***
229760 tn?1291471470
That is what everyone keeps telling me!! I guess it is easier said then done!! : )
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.