Brown stretchy discharge

I'm on cycle day 6 and I had a discharge that's brown but stretchy, is it possible I ovulated early or just old blood? My period length is 3 days.
COMMUNITY LEADER
If you think it looks like eggwhite cervical mucus except mixed with a bit of the end of your period blood, you might well be getting ready to ovulate. Day 6 is early, but some women  ovulate at day 8, and your body might just be preparing for ovulation now. Keep an eye on it, or do basal temperature checks, or use an ovulation predictor kit, depending on what you intend.
COMMUNITY LEADER
I found trying to read my discharge to be really inaccurate.  Just being honest.  I can have stretchy discharge at various points and it has nothing to do with my ovulation  It would be rare to ovulate on day 6 unless you are that rare person that has two ovulations randomly in a cycle.  To me, it sounds like remnants of your last period. Cycle day 6 means you just stopped having your period?  (the way a cycle works is day one of your period is cycle day one and you count.)  Brown discharge is old blood usually
My doctors recommend for conceiving a child to begin having sex for most women on day 10 of their cycle and to do so every other day for the next 10 days.  The fertility window for most women usually doesn't open until day 9 and shorter cycles generally are related to infertility.  good luck

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community