Burst vein on back of hand
I noticed small bruises on the back of my hands about a month ago, with no recollection of knocking anything and no pain.  Today, I was helping my husband move a piece of furniture and then I saw this big swelled up bruise on the back of my hand.  It's not painful unless I press on it, but looks like the largest vein on the back of the hand has burst and formed a hematoma.  I put an ace bandage on to keep the swelling down.  Can lifting something heavy cause a hand vein to burst?  Should I be worried about other veins popping?
As we age our skin does become much thinner.

You may have an underlying medical problem and I would advise you to see your doctor who may decide to do some blood tests.

Best wishes.
Considering your age, I would have to say that this is possible.  Please see your doctor about it as soon as you can.  Blessings - Blu
I don't have anything to add other than "ouch", it sounds painful.  Glad you only feel pain when you touch it.  I would see your doctor about it as the others have said.  good luck