CRAMPS & BACKACHE 8 Years after total hysterectomy / oopherectomy

Hello -

I had a total hysterectomy / oopherectomy in 2003.  Now, for the last 3 weeks, I have had severe lower abdominal pelvic area cramps and a lower backache.  If I hadn't had the hysterectomy I would be convinced I was about to have a period.  I do have IBS, but I am not having any of the other symptoms that I would normally have (no diareaha, not constipated) -- this feels different.  Should I be concerned?  Do you have any thoughts as to what might be the cause?

Thank you,
LVin
Having the same cramps as Elvin due to total hysterectomy in 2003. The feel like menstrual cramps in lower right abdomen. Is this normal or should I be concerned. Where can I find the answer to my question? Thank you. Rosedeg
Did you ladies ever get an answer? It's been 11 yrs for me & still get the cramping & backaches.
Me too, years and years after hysterectomy still get those cramps and back aches.  Has anyone had a response??
Hi I just stumbled on this site after googling my symptoms. I had a vaginal hysterectomy two years ago due to extremely heavy bleeding, FLOODING! I kept my ovaries. I healed well and felt good for awhile but for the last month I have been experiencing back pain and abdominal pain mostly on my left side. This is exactly how I felt when I would have bad menstrual cramps. But I don't know why I'm having these pains now. I am seeing my gyno. in a couple of weeks and I have a colonoscopy scheduled in december. I am scared because of course my first thought is cancer. I wish I had of had my ovaries removed so it would be one less thing to worry about. I was wondering if you ever got any answers and how you are feeling now. I'm just tired of feeling crappy. By the way I'm 52 so I am also going through menopause.