Can Pap results show CIN3??

Can a pap show if you which level of CIN you have? Or is it just suggestive? I know that a biopsy will show what level of CIN the cells are, and I have had that done.

The nurse at the gyn office told me I had high grade, CIN3 on my pap smear. My biopsy shows CIN2. Could the pap be wrong and really have CIN2 cells instead?
A PAP smear can only indicate the presence of abnormal cells and does not indicate the level of CIN. Guidelines state that every woman who is diagnosed with HSIL/CIN2 by Pap smear should be followed up by colposcopy.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.