Avatar universal

Can a nurse practitioner help with diagnosing pelvic pain?

I've been having pelvic pain and I think that I might have endometriosis. Can a nurse practitioner help with diagnosing endometriosis? I couldn't get an appointment with a regular ob/gyn.
1 Responses
134578 tn?1614729226
Probably the nurse practiti0ner can help, because he or she will be able to tell from your symptoms that it is likely. The way to definitively diagnose endometriosis is to do a laparoscopy, and a doctor would have to do that. The nurse practitioner might be able to schedule you for it, though, or schedule you for a consult with a doctor after hearing what's going on for you.
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Women's Health Community

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.