Can i still be pregnant even though test negative

I am 8 days late for my period so decided to take a home pregnancy test today which turned out negative.  Is there still a chance i could be pregnant.  How accurate are these test? Has anyone else been in a similar situation and found that they were in fact pregnant even though test negative?
I'm in the same situation.  I am late for my period by seven days and I have taken three tests that all come up negative.  What is the deal here?
I'm in the same situation.  I am late for my period by seven days and I have taken three tests that all come up negative.  What is the deal here? My breasts don't hurt, I have no cramping feelings, my sleeping habits are normal, my eating habits are normal.  I'm just worried thats all.  If anyone has an answer you can reatch me at ***@****
I would suggest if possible that you both have blood pregnancy tests done. That way if it comes back as negative you will have your definite answer and your docs can put you on provera to bring about your period.

My sister however never tested positive until 2 weeks past her missed AF. She gave birth to 4 healthy girls. So it is very poss to have neg tests and still be pregnant.
Ditto on harleygrl's comments.  A blood test will tell you.
Hello yes for sure I agree with the other ladies I suggest you get a blood pregnancy test I have a daughter that did like four hpts and all had negative results and went and had a blood one done and it came out positive why I do not know. Good luck and I wish you the best.
wow.. I did not realize alot of other women are in the same shoes as myself.  I again am in the situation, i tried calling my gynocologist this morning to go in for some blood tests, and the nurse indicated for me to wait about 2 more weeks.  I think i am stressing just thinking i am pregnant.  My menstrual cycles are always like clock work the 21st of every month (Oct/Nov/Dec) all fell on the 21st, however i have yet to get my jan. 21st.
is it safe to presume that today i am 7 days late
do i count the day that i was suppose to get my period?
January 21-22-23-24-25-26-27? = 7days late?  should i just assume that i am pregnant