Can ovulating for the first time after a miscarriage cause pain?

Last night I noticed that I have began to ovulate for the fisrt time since my miscarriage 3 weeks ago. But I'm having alot of cramping and I dont remember ever having cramps like this before while ovulating. Does anyone know anything about this? I dont like cramping especially when they're at the point that they bother me.
I had a miscarriage at 5 wks on 11/16. I already ovulated on 11/29 and it was very painful! I have always had mittelschmerz (pain with ovulation), but this was a lot worse! I confirmed ovulation with OPK. I was shocked to find out that I was already ovulating! We are trying to get pregnant again, so hopefully the first time does the trick! Good luck to you and I can empathize what it is like to miscarry ):