Aa
A
A
A
Close
Women's Health Community
65.8k Members

Can post-pill amenorrhea be similar to early pregnancy symptoms?

I am 29 and have been on bcp for about 10 years with only short breaks.  I stopped taking bcp on Nov. 28 after completing a pack.  I had a normal withdrawal period the next week, beginning Dec. 1 or 2.  On Dec. 31 I had light pink discharge when I wiped and then some brown discharge in a tampon, but nothing after that.  Cramping also started on the 31st and has continued for a week with no further flow.  I feel tired and sensitive to smells but am cautious that those symptoms could be in my head.  I have very minor tenderness in only one of my breasts.  I have had regular unprotected intercourse, but I do not know if I've ovulated.  Hpt's have been negative.  As a teenager before starting bcp my period was not exactly like clockwork, but I never missed a month.  Actually my cycles were consistently shorter than 28 days.  Several years ago I was off bcp for about 4 months and only had suspiciously light periods but I was not sexually active so pregnancy was not a concern, and an ultrasound ruled out ovarian cysts or other health concerns.  However, I did not know at the time to inquire about whether I was ovulating.  I have not read anything about implantation-like bleeding or cramping associated with post-pill amenorrhea.  If someone can tell me otherwise, then I will be more trusting of the hpt's and move on.  If not, then I will keep obsessing over taking hpt's thinking that my levels are just too low to detect.  
0 Responses
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
From skin changes to weight loss to unusual bleeding, here are 15 cancer warning signs that women tend to ignore.
Here’s what you need to know about the transition into menopause – and life after the change takes place.
It’s more than just the “baby blues.“ Learn to recognize the signs of postpartum depression – and how to treat it.
Forget the fountain of youth – try flossing instead! Here are 11 surprising ways to live longer.
From STD tests to mammograms, find out which screening tests you need - and when to get them.
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.