Can you get pregnant while on your period

my boyfriend and i are sexualy active, and have been for a long time. we have sex while im on my period if the flow isnt heavy. im on birth controll but stopped taking it saturday night so i could get my period this week. it came monday night, tueday night my boyfriend came over, and we ended up having sex because my flow wasnt heavy at all. once everything was done, he pulled out and we both reliezed that the condom had broke. i was really worried so i ran upstairs and took an extra pill that i found from a package of pills from a long time ago. i put in a tampon to see if i could get anything else and cleaned up the best i could. but im worried.. could i be pregnant? im not worried about my boyfriend leaving me, we've been though this scare before.. and he stuck by me and supported me, but we're both to young to have a baby.
Probably not.  Unless you have a relatively short cycle and actually ovulate before AF is over or shortly thereafter, you can't get pregnant on your period.  I wouldn't worry about it,  If you've been on pill then your cycle is probably normal and you won't ovulate until about 14 days after your last period started.
Phew.. thats a relief.. thanks
yeah  you should be cool.  Make sure those condoms are on right :)
i know you are only in 10th grade cuz you mentioned it in another post. you also said you've been through this scare before. why worry about all this now? dont you have school to worry about? cleaning your room? girl friend pals? sports? music? dance?  if you are going to be sexually active at such a young age you NEED to be more careful and be sure you see a dr. way too many diseases and babies having babies out there. you said a smart thing in your post..you are both too young to have one. however, if it did happen, ya never really know if yer guy will stick by you. unfortunatly, most do not.(even adult men get scared and run off). big problem in our country. bottom line, just be careful and know what you are doing. i just feel VERY strongly about teen sex. enough preaching.
You said you are on the pill, but stopped so you would get your period, right?  But, are you still taking the regimin of pills?  In other words, are you skipping taking the inactive pills from your RX or did you stop taking your pills altogether?  As far as I know, if you take your pills month to month, even skipping taking the inactive ones, you should not get pregnant, whatever time you have sex during your cycle. If you are taking the type of BC pills that have 21 active pills and 7 inactive.  Just make sure you start the hormonally active pills when you are supposed to.  And this is just my two cents...if you are truly in the 10th grade, watch yourself.  Be careful.  There are a lot of other scary things out there you can catch besides getting prego.  Good luck and be careful. Oh, and to answer what I think was your question, yes, some people do get pregnant during the end of their period, if they happen to ovulate irregularly, or for some freak of a reason they ovulate prematurely for that particular cycle.
I have told my teenaged daughter (16) that she should never lay down with a man she is not willing to have a child with because ANYTHING is possible. We talk about sex openly and I know that can be hard for a lot of girls, but maybe you could try talking to your mom? We can be a lot more understanding than you may think. Just a suggestion..
my boyfriend and i are in a very serious relationship.. i had a scare like this before, but it wasnt as bad, and he stuck around. i would love to have a child with him. he gave me a pre engagement ring, and we want to get married so.
my mom knows. she knows everything. cause the first scare really freaked me out so i talked to her about it. so she knows im having sex with him. but actually, she doesnt know about this time.. but i called my doctor and everything and she re-assured me that i have no need to worry..
and when i said i stopped taking my pill on saturday so i could get my period.. i stopped taking my pill on saturday because it was the last pill in the package besides my sugar pills.. i was suppose to stop taking it.. just thought i should clear that up..
So you are still on the pill.  Good.  The chances of getting pregnant on the pill, assuming you are taking them daily and at the same time, are almost nil.  The sugar pills are only there in the package to remind you to take your pill.  They do not contain any hormone in them, so when you take those pills, it brings on your period.  If your BC pills are working correctly, you should not be ovulating while on them, whether you are taking the hormonal pills or the sugar pills.  That's what the BC pill does.  If fakes your body into thinking it is pregnant, thus, you do not ovulate.  Kudos to you for having open communication with your Mom.  You have a great Mom.  Not that I condone having relations at such a young age.  I hope my girls do not, but that is for them to decide, and if they do, I hope I will be as lucky as your Mom to be able to talk to them about it.  Just remember, you are number one in your life.  Take excellent care of it.  You don't need extra baggage that stays with your life forever.  It's all about making the best decisions and that goes for everything we deal with.  Good luck...
im 15 and my boyfriend and i had sex on the last day of my period for less than 5 seconds because we backed out. we had a scare once that i might be pregnant after we had it. we wont have it long, usually because we back out. never over 10 seconds.
the last time we had it i was on my period, he wiped it off and it was only in about 5 seconds and nothing came out.

could i be pregnant??
what do you mean you "had sex" for like 5 seconds? do you mean  he put his penis in and took it right out? sex is more of an act that involves penetration, movement, lovin, huggin, touchin, squeezin (recognize those words you 80's fans?) and so on. also, your post was a bit confusing. you said the last time we had it he wiped it off...wiped what off? blood from your period or "***"? then you said "nothing came out" came out of where? him or you? guys do have some "***" that comes out before all that white stuff comes flying out. its usually a bit clear and leakes out of the tip of the penis. i highly doubt you are pregnant but if you already had a scare before, why are you having unprotected "sex?" thats just crazy..and youre only 15! it doesnt matter if you do it for 10 sec. or 10 min. you take that chance of getting pregnant if the monthly clock is right.  you are just 15! worry about sports, music, grades, friends, dance...not whether or not you are pregnant.did i mention you are just 15?
Have you ever heard of this expression:  "If you play with fire, your gonna get burned."  If you are sexually active, get on the pill AND use a condom.  You can catch other things in addition to getting pregnant.  Do it before it's too late.
i was wondering i'm on my day 4 out of 7 dayz on my period and i had sex with my bf and he came in me. I no read Alot about that's it very rare but i need some to much sure. IT just happened so I need to figure out if i want to go get the 72 hour pill or what i need to do someone please help me. ASAP
I don't everything but it is ,like you said, less likely to get pregenant while your on your period. I would definately get the morning after pill(72 hour) because its pretty effective and not very expensive. birth control isn't very expensive either though. i would get the morning after pill and birth control. Go to planned parenthood or a doctor to get it. If there is a planned parenthood around you they keep it a secret and will help. I msure someone else that do this post thing a lot will help you more but i felt bad for you.
I havent gotten my period for a month in a half. My breast are swollen & sore, I think they grew alittle bit, Well I know they did because they fill up my bra now. I got my period yesterday and it really hurts, but I still feel sick to my stomach & my breast are still sore. What should I do?
how old are you? that would help. puberty? stress? symptoms because of your period?
IM 21  years old.  I've gotten my period this past thursday it was very light , I still felt sick to my stomach & my breast are still swollen & very sore. I know it cant be puberty or stress, I dont have anything to be stressed about everything is running on time as it soon so I know it cant be stress. I took 4 pregnancy test the first one was Positive & the last 3 that I took were Negative. I dont know what to do, One thing I do know is that Im going to the doctor asap.
I think you may be pregnant! If you has a really lite period...to me that is what it sounds like! I had the same symptoms when I was pregnant! You took a test and got a positive then for sure you have to be even though u got 2 negatives! Why would it come out positve if you weren't pregnant? I would just go to the doctor and let them tell you for sure! Good Luck!!
8 days ago wednesday the 14th ,i went to my boyfriends house and,we had sex twice that night. the first time with a condom the second time without. And im scared i might be pregnant because i read that u can get pregnant on your period or a couple after,my period lasted for like 6-8 days i cant remember when it started it had ended the day before we had sex. and i was bleeding very very little the day we had sex, and i told my best friend about this. and i told here he like, grunted when he was in me and she said he came in me and now im really scared.
On September 2 which was on a friday, I got my period, well my boyfriend was here on leave before he he had to leave for iraq. We had sex the next night on Saturday twice bith times ith a condom, because we always use one. Well the first time he climaxed while he was inside me, then went to the bathroom and wiped off etc. A little while later we decided to go for another round, but this time a little after we atrted the codom fell off. Then last week, on a Friday I went to his base before he lest the next day to go over seas, and we had sex again, first time he climaxed, second time he didn't. I should be getting my period within the next few days, but usually I can tell, I don't know if its because im stressed. Could stress delay my period? If anyone has any advice, experience, insight anything you can email me at this nickname @yahoo, or post as soon as possible. I greatly appreciate this.
Okay first question ,I had sex with my boyfriend for the first time on sat. and we both were virgins. The first 5 to 10 sec were without a condom but then we put one on. Then when i woke up I noticed i had gotten my period does this mean i am not pregnant ?

Second question then i told him i had gotten it so we had sex again without a condom a he tried to pull out but some of his *** got inside me can i get pregnant from that ?
I been on the pill for the last 2 months but my period has been coming on a week of active pill and during the week of inactive pills i dont get my period. i kno doctors say it takes about 3 months to get regular. but my question is can i get pregnant from having unprotected sex on the week of the inactive pill if im not having my period?
hi, i took birth control pills but for the first week i ever took them i thought i was finishing my period cuz there was no more blood the next morning i woke up i was full of blood like my first day on my period and it happened for 3 weeks and i had really sharp pains in my stomach so i stopped taking them. me and my boyfriend have been trying to get pregnant ever since 2 months ago and it hasnt happened we try every day almost is there something wrong with me or him?
OK so here's my situation.  I have been on birth control for about two years now.  During last months pack i missed two pills.  I got my period on September 23rd, however, my boyfriend and I had sex on the 26th because it was the second to last day of my period and my flow was light.  Lately I have been having really bad indigestion problems and serious fatigue.  Last week I randomly started bleeding but the blood was lighter than period blood both in quantity and color.  My mood has been really bad as well. I intent to take a HPT but Im not due for my period for like another week or so.  What are my chances of being pregnant?
if you bled after you had sex, you did'nt get your period. he just basicly poped your cherry. (as they say)i did the same. there is a chance if u ovulate and depending where you are in your cycle. count the day you got your period to day 14. then look and see if you had sex around that day because if you did there is a chance you may have gotten pregnant.