Candida Diet...?

Hi!  I just have a question about this "yeast-free diet" that someone posted about earlier.

I've been dealing with a recurrent yeast infection, which then turned into BV, and then back into a yeast infection.  So I read the post below about persistent yeast infections and saw the post about eliminating yeast from your diet.

So anyway, I did a search online and found a list of yeast-free foods and a list of foods that are not allowed on a Candida Diet.  I started this diet 3 days ago and my symptoms are almost completely gone.

My question now is... how long do I have to stay on this diet?  I started it hoping it would work, which it seems to have done, but with the holidays coming up, I don't know if I'll be able to avoid all the foods that I'm not supposed to eat.  If I eat foods with yeast, will my yeast infection come back?

I'd appreciate any advice on this...thanks!
You can also buy vitamins on the internet that should give you what you are missing. I don't get YI but I commonly get BV so I kinda understand what you are going through. Do a search and maybe that will help as far as the diet I am not sure.
i had this problem last month and went to a nutrionalist at a health food store and she recommended acidophilus on a daily basis.  i also started eating kim chi, which i had to get used to (its a spicy korean fermented cabbage dish) but it contains the good bacteria in it.  i would think if you do things in moderation (anything not on your list) you should be ok, but our bodies ph levels are constantly changing and everythin effects that.  same w/ our bacteria levels.  maybe go to your local health food store and ask some questions.  they usually have a nutritionalist on site.
  Hi, I am new to to this site and just read your post.....I was told to look up the yeast free thing,,,,I am in such pain all the time and...OH, long story,,,,Anyway, I don't ever get a yeast infection, ever.....So what would yeast have to do with me being in pain?