Cats and a new baby

Hi, my mother inlaw has at least 10 cats and 2 dogs in her house. The house is not very clean. The cats have peed on the furniture and on the floor the dogs peed and pooped on the floor. The cats will spray everything if not picked up. Is it to harsh to say that we're not going to bring our new baby in the house? The cats and dogs are all vaccinated but the house smells and they occasionally shampoo the carpet. What do you all recommend?  
wow!!!!!!!!!! That's a tough one, but heck no I wouldn't want my baby around any of that. Thats a lil overboard!!!! 10 cats!!!!!!! My mother in law has lots of pets too. I'm still not sure what I AM GOING TO DO EITHER! Maybe just invite her over to your house and make it seem like you don't want the baby out and about not just at her house just being out anywhere in particular?